Blueland Review: Do Blueland Cleaning Products Work?
Blueland cleaning products are a range of eco-friendly, cost-effective, and waste-free cleaning solutions – that 1 million homes have already switched to. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard about them up until recently. Safe for kids and pets, Blueland offer a better, planet-friendly approach to cleaning with reusable bottles and tablets that mix with water, eliminating the necessity for single-use plastic cleaning product containers. The brand’s goal is to make being eco-friendly easy, affordable and effective. The Blueland product line includes multi-surface, bathroom, laundry and glass cleaners (and even personal care), with each product aiming to make cleaning more sustainable and budget-friendly without compromising on quality.
How Blueland sets themselves apart:
- Scientist formulated
- Multiple certifications: Cradle to Cradle certified, USDA BioPreferred certification, EPA Safer Choice certification & EWG verified
- Third party tested
- 40+ patents pending
- All packaging is recyclable, compostable or both.
- Leaping Bunny (cruelty free) certification for all products
- Supports organizations like DigDeep, ACLU, Lonely Whale, NRDC and more
- Climate Neutral Certified and a Certified B Corp
Blueland offers full transparency of all the ingredients they use. They make sure to create formulas that are:
- Made without parabens, phosphates, ammonia, VOCs, chlorine bleach, or phthalates
- Vegan, gluten-free, soy and nut-free
- Fragrance is made of natural + safe synthetic ingredients
- Buy the forever bottles (as part of Blueland sets)
- Fill up the empty bottle with water
- Place the tablet in & let it dissolve
- Use up the bottle
- Buy just the refills (sold in packs of 3, 6 or 9 tablets)
Here are some example prices for Blueland’s starter kits and refills:
- A starter set for your entire home (Clean Suite Kit): $89
- Cleaning sprays + hand soap set (The Clean Essentials): $39
- One cleaning spray starter set: $18
- 3 pack refill set: $7.50
I like that Blueland cleaning bottles come in a huge XL style size. With many other brands I find myself using the bottle quickly each time and having to refill them frequently.
What I Didn’t Like
I felt the quality of the nozzles was on the cheaper end. It requires a little more effort to spray and sometimes it felt like product would leak while spraying. I also wish that you had the ability to choose which scents you want. For instance, the Bathroom Cleaner refill sets only come in Eucalyptus Mint and the Multi-Surface Cleaner only comes in Lemon. The Hand Soap refills are the only product that allows you to choose variety packs or specific scents.
Blueland cleaning products do a decent job, if you want to do daily cleaning maintenance, but I wouldn’t rely on them for deep cleaning or more heavy-duty cleaning.
I use the multi-surface cleaner around the kitchen and it works well for general surface wiping. Same goes for the bathroom cleaner. The Hand Soap comes out as a foamy foam and cleans well. I find Blueland’s Iris Agave scent to be unique and enjoyable too.