If you’re looking for fresh, small-batch CBD skincare from California that’s both luxurious and therapeutic, read on for my Vertly skincare review. Vertly is Garden-to-Bottle Skincare, made fresh each week to ensure the nutrient-rich extractions provide maximum benefits. The Vertly facility utilizes in-house, slow-extraction three week process with herbs like Arnica Flower, Comfrey Root, Yarrow, Marjoram and Rosemary. They combine this with non psychoactive hemp for superbly therapeutic products. I tried the Vertly Muscle Relief Bath Soaks, Relief Lotion, Soothing Floral Face Mist and Lip BalmVertly Muscle Relief Bath Soaks, Relief Lotion, Soothing Floral Face Mist and Lip Balm and am sharing my honest thoughts on the brand.
I deliberately tested the Vertly Relief Lotion after I somehow injured my back after a workout. I wasn’t able to walk upright the first day, and decided to see if this CBD-infused muscle ache lotion would help. The Vertly Relief Lotion contains slow-extracted, anti-inflammatory Arnica Flower, cooling Aloe Vera, relaxing Lavender Oil, and peppermint hydrosol with their unique blend of 500 mg Botanical+ magnesium.
I applied a generous amount of Vertly Relief Lotion on the area of my back pain and sat in my bed for about an hour while working on my phone. I think the body heat from sitting in one spot for a while helped the product absorb better, because I was able to walk upright for a good few hours afterwards. I feel like this product is as fresh and potent as they claim to be.
The Vertly Relief Lotion contains:
- Full Spectrum Botanical Extract:calms inflammation, soothes and reduces tension in the body
- Arnica Flower: Supports muscle + joint flexibility, and relieves muscle strains and tightness
- Magnesium: Helps with muscle recovery.
- Peppermint Hydrosol: Invigorates the skin while helping fight bacteria and inflammation
- Aloe Vera: Hydrates and refreshes the skin, while reducing redness
- Lavender Oil: Promotes calm, helps reduce tension and aids in relieving joint pain.
Artisanal bath salt blends always feel like a special treat, and even more so when they’re infused with hemp extract. The Vertly Muscle Soak Bath Salts contain a powerful bend of 24 nutrient rich botanicals, including nourishing Nettles, slow-extracted Calendula, anti-inflammatory Green Coffee, collagen-promoting Gotu Kola, hydrating Apricot Kernel and 500mg of CBD.
You’ll also find:
- Arnica Flower: helps calm inflammation and improve circulation
- Epsom Salts: helps reduce soreness
- Dead Sea Salts: helps calm inflammation and exfoliate dead skin
- Magnesium: helps with muscle recovery
- MSM (sulfur): natural detoxifier that helps draw out impurities
- Lavender: promotes deep relaxation
- Clary Sage: used in aromatherapy to induce feelings of calm and relaxation; used topically to help combat skin inflammation
One bag is good for 1 bath, so I would save this for a special day of pampering or when you’re experiencing body aches. What can I say, I’ve never met a beautifully formulated bath soak that I didn’t like!
The Vertly Soothing Floral Face Mist is a luxury toner made with Northern California-grown Calendula flower, extracted for three weeks for potency and Rose hydrosol made from fresh, locally sourced rose petals. The soothing rose and lavender scent is lovely and the nozzle dispels a very fine, soft mist.
- Full Spectrum Hemp Extract: Naturally filled with vitamins A, D and E, and rich in essential fatty acids (Omega 3 and 6), enhances skin health
- Calendula Flower: Locally grown and slowly extracted for upwards of 3 weeks. Skin calming, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Promotes skin tightness and increases hydration within the skin, which helps slow down signs of aging.
- Aloe Vera: Hydrating and helps lock in moisture.
- Witch Hazel: Helps calm inflammation, helps shrink pores, helps fight acne and promote a more even skin tone.
- Rose Water: Antioxidant, moisturizes and tones skin.
- Lavender Hydrosol: Anti-bacterial properties help fight acne, helps tone skin.
- Jasmine Oil: Rich in antioxidants and helps stimulate cellular regeneration.
I can see why the Vertly Lip Butter is one of their cult products! This lip balm has the ideal consistency and texture that stays in place all the way to the last use. It comes in an aluminum twist up case that feels luxurious and has an impressive blend of ingredients like:
- Full Spectrum Hemp Extract: naturally rich in vitamins A, D, and E, and essential fatty acids, which work together to help skin appear firmer and more radiant.
- Kokum Butter: Helps prevent drying of the skin, heals chapped lips, and helps regeneration of skin cells.
- Shea Butter: a skin superfood that is rich in vitamins A, E and F.
- Cocoa Butter: Soothing remedy for dry skin and lips.
- Coconut Oil: Is naturally antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-fungal and incredibly moisturizing.
- Jojoba oil: Emollient, structurally very similar to the human sebum and has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties.
- Botanicalseed Oil : provides immense moisture
The Vertly Lip Butter has a subtle but not overpowering peppermint scent. I personally don’t enjoy the cooling sensation that a lot of lip balms with peppermint oil have and the Vertly Lip Butter doesn’t have that effect. It does a great job at moisturizing my lips, and for a luxury lip product, remains accessible at $20.