Pink Moon Skincare Review
If you love all things astrology and Eastern healing methods, Pink Moon skincare is where all your favorite worlds collide. It’s got Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Reiki, Crystals, Aromatherapy, and Astrology – a dream for lovers of spirituality, holistic healing and skincare! Founded by Lin Chen, Pink Moon is a vegan and clean skincare line with a focus on inclusivity, reasonable price points and efficacy. Whether your energy is Scorpio, Leo, Gemini, fire element, water element..you’ll easily find a ritual that best suits you. I tried the Once In A Pink Moon’s Air Element range including Libra Essence, Aquarius Moisturiser and Gemini Cleanser and enjoyed the luxurious formulas and textures.
The Libra Essence is almost like a milky serum and it feels so hydrating and pleasant on my skin. I’m surprised by how luxurious it is with a thoughtful formulation of an organic white rose hydrosol and aloe vera base and its frosty glass bottle packaging. There’s a subtle floral scent from yang yang flower oil and Peru balsam resin oil, and it even has clear quartz gem essence. As they say online, the vibes are immaculate. As a Libra myself, I feel draw to this product and I always love a very hydrating essence that keeps my dry skin quenched and glowing.
- Inspired by the free-spirited Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius)
- White rose hydrosol has the highest frequency of vibration in the plant world, is associated with the heart, and promotes emotional balance while providing light moisture and soothing inflamed skin
- Sodium hyaluronate, allantoin, panthenol, and aloe vera juice help prevent water loss in the skin and keep it hydrated while supporting firm + supple skin
- Moringa is an antioxidant that has been prized by Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Ayurveda for centuries; vitamin & mineral-rich, hydrates + plumps the skin
- Clear quartz-infused to promote harmony, purify energy, and balance oil production
- Aromatherapeutic scent features floral ylang ylang and sweet + calming peru balsam
- Co-created with an AAPI astrologer, Evelyn Zuel
Ingredients: Rosa alba (white rose) hydrosol*, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) juice, Pure water (aqua), Butylene glycol+, Propanediol, Octyldodecanol, Glycerin, Coco-caprylate/caprate, Polyglyceryl-4 caprate, Polyglyceryl-4 oleate, Sodium hyaluronate, Glyceryl stearate, Clear quartz gem essence, Moringa pterygosperma (moringa) seed oil, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Cetearyl alcohol, Allantoin, Potassium sorbate, Niacinamide (vitamin B3), Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) flower oil, Myroxylon pereirae (peru balsam) resin oil^, Caesalpinia spinosa gum, Solanum melongena (eggplant) fruit extract, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) flower extract, Ocimum sanctum (holy basil) leaf extract, Ocimum basilicum (sweet basil) flower/leaf extract, Curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, Sodium benzoate
This isn’t a traditional cleanser, but an oil cleanser that emulsifies into a thin milk. The silky texture of Gemini cleanser makes it feels highly luxurious, and since it doesn’t have the feel of a traditional oil cleanser, it’s a good option for those who may not enjoy the feeling of applying oil to their skin. The Asian herbs found in this product include soapwort and licorice extract to brighten and cleanse and rice bran oil to soften skin.
Gemini cleanser feels velvety on skin and washes off effortlessly as a milk once water is added. It’s also sensitive skin friendly as there’s no essential oils or added fragrance.
- Inspired by free-spirited Air signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) who want to feel light and breezy, this airy oil cleanser turns into a creamy milk when emulsified with water
- Fragrance & essential oil-free + vegan formula; colors are from 100% natural extracts and botanicals
- Co-created with an AAPI astrologer, Evelyn Zuel
Ingredients: Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, Saponaria officinalis (soapwort) leaf/root extract, Olive squalane, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 laurate, Pure water (aqua), Solanum melongena (eggplant) fruit extract, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) flower extract, Ocimum sanctum (holy basil) leaf extract, Ocimum basilicum (sweet basil) flower/leaf extract, Curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract, Melia azadirachta (neem) leaf/flower extract, Corallina officinalis (red algae) extract, Coccinia indica (ivy gourd) fruit extract
This rose mist isn’t just any rose mist. You’d never guess from the looks of it that it has kimchi. Its interesting formula contains:
- Chinese medicinal herb gromwell root (aka zi cao, or purple grass) helps with clearing heat + skin inflammation
- Rose quartz crystal powder to promote love and self-compassion
- Rose water of course
Lunar Rose Mist is a very lightweight mist with just a subtle hint of a rose scent. For $38 though, I wish it started off with solely a Bulgarian rose flower water base.
Ingredients: Pure water (aqua), Rosa damascena (Bulgarian rose) flower water, Leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, Solubilizer (sodium sunflowerseedate), Benzyl alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Quartz powder, Xanthan gum, Vegetable glycerin, Hibiscus sabdariffa (roselle) flower extract, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Lithospermum erythrorhizon (gromwell) root extract 紫草, Citrus aurantium (neroli) flower oil*, Rosa damascena (rose) flower oil*, Cymbopogon martinii v. motia (palmarosa) leaf oil, Santalum spicatum (sandalwood) wood oil, Tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, Sodium benzoate, Potassium sorbate
I was immediately in love with the deep, rich purple hue of this moisturizer, something I rarely, if ever, see! It’s a lightweight, smooth silky lotion that comes out of sanitary pump and contains TCM herbs along with plenty of skincare actives like niacinamide, peptides and ceramides. Aquarius Moisturizer is hydrating, moisturizing, soothing and gentle without any added scent. As with all Pink Moon products, the color is derived from plant-based, natural extracts.
Currently, Aquarius Moisturizer is on sale for $38 which I feel is a great price point for what it offers.
- Inspired by the free-spirited Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) who like to feel light and breezy
- Weightless moisturizer that revitalizes dull complexions
- Sodium hyaluronate, niacinamide, magnesium gluconate, peptides, panthenol, and ceramides
- Powerhouse botanicals that brighten, soften, and strengthen the skin barrier
- In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), licorice root nourishes qi (energy flow) and calms inflammations; in skincare, it brightens and protects skin against oxidative stress
- Rice bran hydrates, softens skin, brightens, rich in vitamins B & E
- Gotu kola is one of TCM and Ayurveda’s most treasured plants as an “herb of enlightenment and longevity”; brightens skin and fends off environmental stressors
- Olive squalane hydrates and softens skin
- Sodium hyaluronate helps draw moisture in to the skin and keeps it hydrated
- Fragrance & essential oil-free + vegan formula; color is from 100% natural extracts and botanicals
Ingredients: Pure water (aqua), Propanediol, Decyl glucoside, Polyglyceryl-4 oleate, Olive squalane, Glyceryl stearate, Sodium hyaluronate, Cetyl alcohol, Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Octyldodecanol, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Palmitoyl tripeptide-5, Gluconolactone, Carbomer, Behenyl alcohol, Oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, Centella asiatica extract (gotu kola) extract, Niacinamide (vitamin B3), Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Sodium hydroxide, Potassium sorbate, Magnesium gluconate, Stearic acid, Ceramide AP, Ceramide NP, Hydrolyzed gardenia florida extract, Maltodextrin, Sodium benzoate